Tuesday, August 14, 2007

At the daily grind

So today was one of those rare days that I worked. Weird. Okay, so now you're wondering what I'm doing with my life. Well, here I go: if you've read any of my blogs you know that I was in a bike vs. car accident and was out of the workforce for over a year. I also relocated to Ann Arbor, Michigan where I've been looking for a job other than food service. It seems that others have had that plan here because there are very few. While looking for a job a good friend of mine (I will call her Ellie to protect her true identity) has a father who owns his own business and they've let me do some office work there till I could find something else. Really nice people who I am very grateful to. So I was doing stuff there until I had the opportunity to work at Urban Outfitters for two weeks while there was an art fair where the streets downtown are blocked off and the art dealers go crazy selling art. Urban sells a lot of clothes then too so they need help. I was one of those helpers (peons) but this was done in the hope of getting a job later on. You see lots of people wanted a job there and having poor people jump through hoops to see who can jump the highest will separate the kangaroos from the turtles. I happened to be a kangaroo but they are busy at the moment in a transition period in the store after which I was promised a job. During which time the office job that I do was running out of money to pay me so they let me work only on Tuesdays. That gives me plenty of time to walk around naked around our house (knock before entering [for your sakes {I don't mind}]) and ride my bike.

Back to why I mentioned this: I was working on a project for a few hours and the stupid computer decides to end the program that I was using, and no, I did not save my work before the computer kicked me in the balls. It also made the decision to log me out too. Well I tore that Mother F@#ker a new one! Actually my boss said that it was okay and that she won't make me redo it. Phew. Don't you just hate computers?

I forgot to mention that a few days ago that I got my reverend card in the mail. That's right, I can legally marry people. My little card says so. All you have to do is go to a website, type in some info and you're a reverend. You have to pay for any kind of proof like a certificate or wallet sized card, but it's real. I'm a reverend. It says Rev Eric Smith right on the card. Go ahead and let me know when you want to get married. Go on, I'll marry you. Just you wait.

Oh yeah, and my lawyer wanted pics of my scars and my friend, "Ellie" is borrowing it while also being on the other side of the continent. So at work I had a co-worker take some pics. Here are my favs:





You can see the titanium plate on my collar bone.



this one shows that the scar tissue on my arm has adhered to the muscle and there for it dimples now.



It's all pretty disgusting isn't it? Oh and the farmers tan is from wearing cycling jerseys when i ride my bike. No laughing. I'm serious.

So that was my day. How was yours?

No comments: